We help technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable, and secure. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us, and our values are at the helm of how we work together. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. If you have the knowledge and skills required and are excited to come to work every day knowing you’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation, we want to hear from you.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the analysis of business requirements, prepare design and implementation recommendations and estimate development effort
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- 4years and above experience as a native Android Developer (using Java or Kotlin and NOT HTML). This is a MUST.
- Experience in Android mobile applications development with sound understanding of Android Architecture, Framework, Android SDK, Core Java, Android Studio IDE, Android Debugger.
- Have hands-on experience in app development using Android and Kotlin coding standards and unit testing
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Experience with VIPER, MVVM, ReactiveX (RxJava or RxKotlin), Dependency Injection… This is preferred and not mandatory
- Proven experience on mobile app development flow, implementation, and release.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Good experience in App submission process (Google Play), Offline & online data storage, synchronization, RESTful API & JSON structure.
- Curiosity and a highly collaborative work style, a wish to share what you already know and jumping at the opportunity to dive into new technology.